Last Updated 4th November 2019
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
PTI Smarter Venues is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
When You Visit our Websites
You are free to explore the website without providing any Personal Information about yourself.
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
When you use our services our view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses.
Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Information About Children
The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16 If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
Use of Personal Information
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites
- send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- meet legal requirements.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Security of your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
Social Media Features
We offer publicly accessible message boards, blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you so request, as described in “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” below.
Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe from Our Communications” below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website to recognise your device the next time you visit. Cookies serve many functions. For example, they can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyse how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Cookies contain personal information. Most cookies do not collect information that identifies you and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are required for the operation of the Sites. For example, to remember the previous actions so you can navigate back to previous pages.
These cookies are essential in order to move around the Sites and use their features, such as accessing areas of the Sites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets, cannot be provided
Category 2: Analytical or Performance Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use the Sites. These cookies collect information about how you use the Sites, for instance which pages you go to most often.
These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Sites work and understand what interests our users.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These are used to recognise users when they return to the Sites. They remember user choices and enable the personalisation of content.
These cookies allow the Sites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services such as remembering whether you have already responded to a questionnaire. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember which websites or Sites you have visited and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgWe will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst PTI Smarter Venues is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
In the event that PTI Smarter Venues refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
PTI Smarter Venues, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data
- Contact details of the Data Privacy Officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of PTI Smarter Venues or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator)
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
- To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
PTI Smarter Venues will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- A copy of your national ID card
- Driving license, passport
- Birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months
A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required.
If PTI Smarter Venues is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by PTI Smarter Venues or its partners, you have the right to complain to the PTI Smarter Venues Data Privacy Officer in the first instance, or the PTI Smarter Venues as an escalation point. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer (DPO)